WHAT DATA WE COLLECT AND WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or interact with our site. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and physical address
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Personal details including gender and date of birth
- Payment or credit card information
- Images, photos and videos
- Data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements (such as estimated stride and shoe/foot measurements or bra size)
- Fitness activity data provided by you (time, duration, distance, location, calorie count, pace/stride)
- Personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference We use additional personal data in order to enable particular features within our site, pages, apps and services. When interacting with our site, pages and apps, data is automatically collected and shared with Midnight Runners by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with Midnight Runners as those devices interact with Midnight Runners site, pages and appsor apps.
More information about these practices is included in the Cookies and Pixel Tags section below. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags
TOOLS TO MANAGE WHAT WE COLLECT
When using our apps, we also inform you about our collection through standard permissions in app stores, mobile operating systems, and in the app experience. We also prompt you for your consent where necessary. In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY AND HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
1. To Provide The Features Of The Sites, Apps, And Services You Request When you use our Sites and Apps, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on midnightrunners.co, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you use our Apps to track your fitness activity or physical characteristics, we will collect this data and store it so that you can review it in the App. Your fitness activity data may include data you enter about your activity as well as data collected by your device during the course of your activity such as location data and movement data. We may use this activity data to calculate further information about your activity, such as distance run, or calories burned, so that the calculated information can be provided to you as part of the functionality of the App. In many cases, to use particular features within our site, apps, and services you may need to provide Midnight Runners with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example; to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
2. To Communicate Information About Our Products, Services, Events And For Other Promotional Purposes When you create a Midnight Runners user account, we may use the information you provide as well as information from other Midnight Runners sources, such as your use of Midnight Runners’ site, pages and apps, your participation in Midnight Runners events and contests (possibly through other Midnight Runners affiliates) to send you personalised communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
3. To Operate, Improve And Maintain Our Business, Products And Services We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions. As another example, we may use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
5. For General Research And Analysis Purposes We use data about how our visitors use our site, apps and services to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to midnightrunners.co search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
6. Use (Processing) Of Fitness Activity And Physical Characteristic Data As discussed above, Midnight Runners may collect data about your fitness activity or your physical characteristics in order to provide our apps and other services. Because of this intimate nature of this data, we strive to provide you with clear information about how this data will be used. As this data may be considered sensitive in certain jurisdictions, we take appropriate measures in protecting and using this data and, where required by applicable law or under Midnight Runners' internal policies, obtain your consent for use.
7. Other Purposes We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Midnight Runners shares your personal data with:
- Midnight Runners affiliates for the purposes outlined above
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Midnight Runners' behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features
When you use certain social features on our site, pages or apps, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your Midnight Runners activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Midnight Runners’ social sharing to control what information you make available through Midnight Runners' social features.
PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT Of YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems.
- International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our site, pages and apps will be stored in the UK. Some of the data recipients with whom Midnight Runners shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including the UK, we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law. If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland, we take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements and ensure adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
- Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
- Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to withdraw your consent with respect to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your data and to modification or deletion, in the event your data as stored by us are incorrect or otherwise unlawful. To modify your (email or sms) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving Midnight Runners communication, please modify your preferences in the "view or change my profile" section of our site. You can also contact us to exercise your rights of access, modification and deletion or to object to the processing of your personal data via the contact details in the "Question and Feedback" section below or by sending an email to
COOKIES AND PIXEL TAGS
Midnight Runners receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our site, pages and apps such as click behaviour, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via our site, pages and apps through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies. More information on the identity of these third parties and their privacy policies is provided below.
There are generally three categories of cookies used on our site, pages and apps:
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our site's functionality by tracking usage. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data.
De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media. You can always change your preference by visiting the "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of each page of our site.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through the Midnight Runners’ site or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose.
You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our site, pages and apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USING OUR SITE, PAGES AND APPS WITH THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Our site, pages and apps allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our site, pages and apps will integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services and other digital services. If you choose to connect your Midnight Runners account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Midnight Runners activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there. Our sites and apps may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our site, pages and apps. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in May 2016.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices. If you wish to provide any feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.